Re: [squid-users] ssl interception causes "zero byte replies" sometimes

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:14:12 -0700

On 12/11/2012 02:40 AM, Sean Boran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It happens a few times daily that on submitting a login request to
> sites like Atlassian confluence (not just at atlassian, but elsewhere
> too), or Redmine, that the user gets a screen "The requested URL could
> not be retriueved" and with a "zero sized reply".
>
> It does not happen every time.
> If one refreshes the browser it is ok.
> If the destination is excluded from SSL interception, it does not happen.

Yes, this is a known issue with bumped requests and persistent
connection races. Our patch for this bug is available at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.squid.devel/19190

and we are also working on a better approach to address the same bug:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.squid.devel/19256

HTH,

Alex.