Re: [squid-users] Help with Squid HTTPS proxy

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 02:40:44 +0200

On 12/18/2012 2:31 AM, Joshua B. wrote:
> Netflix doesn't work through Squid
> The only option you have to allow Netflix to work through a proxied
> environment without adding exceptions on all your clients, is to put
> this code in your configuration file:
>
> acl netflix dstdomain .netflix.com
> cache deny netflix
>
> That allows Netflix to fully work through the proxy.
> Tested and therefore knows it works on my network.

The above only makes netfilx.com and all their subdomains to not be
cached but will be proxied the same as any other connection So it's not
a solution.

The latest squid stable version 3.2.5 dosnt have the feature "ssl-bump
server first" which suppose to help in your case and others.
And also uses a dynamic Certificate helper support which will help a lot.

You can also remove the "hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?" from your squid.conf.

You do have another problem with your setup and it's that you dont have
a basic proxy socket with no tproxy/intercept.
add a line "http_port 127.0.0.1:3127" or any other port just to make
this one.

Regards,
Eliezer

--