Re: [squid-users] Help with Squid HTTPS proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:58:43 +1300

On 18/12/2012 1:31 p.m., Joshua B. wrote:
> Netflix doesn't work through Squid
> The only option you have to allow Netflix to work through a proxied
> environment without adding exceptions on all your clients, is to put
> this code in your configuration file:
>
> acl netflix dstdomain .netflix.com
> cache deny netflix
>
> That allows Netflix to fully work through the proxy.
> Tested and therefore knows it works on my network.

All that does is prevent *caching* of Netflix objects, all the other
proxy handling and traffic management is still operating.

That is a clear sign that your caching rules are causing problems, or
that the site itself has very broken cache controls. A quick scan of
Netflix shows a fair knowledge of caching control, geared towards
non-caching of objects. Which points back at your config being the problem.

  Do you have refresh_pattern with loose regex and ignore-* options
forcing things to cache which are supposed to not be stored? please
check and remove.

Amos