[squid-users] bandwidth control using squid

From: Benedict S. Dcunha <simon_at_baladia.gov.kw>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 13:27:26 +0300 (AST)

Dear All,

I have been using squid as a proxy server for quite some time and its working great
recently there arose a need for bandwidth control.

i have acls based on vlans.

so i want to limit bandwidth based on acls.

after googling around I did find and put these in my squid.conf for testing for one acl

acl vlan6 192.168.100.0/24
reply_body_max_size 5000000 allow vlan6

now how would i check if my acl is really working and my bandwidth and download is limited to max 5 mb

appreciate your kind help

regards

simon

--