[squid-users] Rewrite url to remove folder path

From: tomsl <tom_at_signagelive.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 03:32:56 -0800 (PST)

I am testing squid as a reverse proxy in front of a website. What I am trying
to do is to get some media files from a different server when they are
requested from the main site, example:

If I try to access proxy.mysite.com/media/images/image.jpg, the site
actually gets the image from a different server, in this case from the
rackspace cloudfiles cdn. I can get squid to use the cdn domain when getting
the files however it still tries to get in from /media/images on the
destination server which will not work. What I need to do is instead of
making squid get the file from:

somecontainer.rackcdn.com/media/images/image.jpg

it actually gets:

somecontainer.rackcdn.com/image.jpg

How would I go about this?