Re: [squid-users] calculating hardware for 900 users for SQUID cache server

From: Loïc Blot <loic.blot_at_unix-experience.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:57:51 +0100

Hello Joseph,
I use a Dell R320 (2, because failover), under OpenBSD 5.2 with 16GB RAM
and Two Intel PRO/1000 PT (82571EB) (Broadcom 5720 isn't supported).
I have 500-600 users/smartphones and 1GB of WAN bandwidth.
To improve perfs (and this explain why so many RAM), i
move /var/squid/cache to mfs (memory file system), and i use 4G "disk"
cache and 3.5G memory cache. Perfs are very great.
My servers are also the main client routers for other traffic.
I hope that helps

--
Best regards,
Loïc BLOT, Engineering