[squid-users] Squid 3.2 & RockStore

From: Nyamul Hassan <nyamul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 06:00:37 +0600

Hi All,

I've been a member of this forum for a while now, and with your help,
have 4 (four) Squid 2.7 (currently STABLE9) installed and running.
They have been running smoothly, with very few complaints from my
guys.

One of the most desirable features that made us stick to the 2.7
branch was COSS. I was just looking at the current state of affairs
with the 3.x branch, and was delighted to see that you do have a
replacement named RockStore. The documentation warns heavily that it
has not been tested in production up to your satisfaction.

Is there anything we can do to help? I could run one of our servers
in production using 3.2 with RockStore, and report back problems, if
you needed that.

Would you recommend I replace 2.7 with 3.2? Or am I better off with 2.7?

Regards
HASSAN