Re: [squid-users] How to fix a "Zero Sized Reply" error

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:47:10 +1300

On 17/01/2013 5:35 a.m., Bastien Ceriani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use Squid 3.1.20.

Firstly please upgrade this Squid if possible. 3.1 series is outdated
and up to a .23 release now anyway due to security bugs. Current Squid
release is 3.2.6.

> We are often exposed to a problem which return a "Zero Sized Error".
>
> Can i fix it with some options on the squid configuration file ?

It depends on why "the server is not sending any information back to
Squid". If you can determine what type of HTTP requests *do* get a
response from this server and how they differ from what is being relayed
by your Squid you have a chance at discovering what settings might make
it work.

> I tried all of things mentioned after :
>
> - Delete or rename your cookie file and configure your browser to
> prompt you before accepting any new cookies.
> - Disable HTTP persistent connections with the
> server_persistent_connections and client_persistent_connections
> directives.
> - Disable any advanced TCP features on the Squid system. Disable ECN
> on Linux with echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn/.
>
> I will try to find the origin of the problem with a tcpdump on my
> proxy my i don't known how could i exploit it.
> This is the result of the TCP stream between my proxy and the website :
>
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: www.mopub.com
> Cache-Control: max-age=259200
> Connection: keep-alive