Re: [squid-users] How to fix a "Zero Sized Reply" error

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:37:43 +0200

Hey Bastien,

I have seen this problem couple times being caused by wrong MTU used by
some points in the network Infrastructure,

Try to make sure another application other then squid has a success
while fetching the url.
try to find out the path MTU.

if you are not sure about it you can try the manual way by using ping
with a specific size and calculate manually the PMTU to a specific node\IP.

I had a small script which was pretty nice to do the trick couple times at:
http://rcl-rs-vvg.blogspot.co.il/2011/09/discovering-largest-supported-mtu.html

and nmap also has a nice script for that:
nmap --script path-mtu www.example.com

By the way what OS are you using squid on?

Regards,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru