Re: [squid-users] Back to Youtube Caching or any stream cache feature request/discuss

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:49:37 +0200

On 1/16/2013 3:31 PM, David Touzeau wrote:
> Dear
>
> I would like to know if there is currently tips on Squid 3.2.x in order
> to cache Youtube or other stream flows.
> Probably not...
google is your friend just add the "site:squid-cache.org" to the search
to filter some garbage.

> If there any plan on Squid 3.3 to supports the Store URL Rewriting 2.7
> feature ( http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreUrlRewrite )

There is a plan in amos link.
The new feature is StoreID which will reflect a real name for the
feature rather then giving the user wrong assumptions about what it does.

I have a working patch for trunk code revision 12552 if you want to use
it for basic tests I will be more then happy about it.
The patch syntax is not fully polished yet.

I have drawn the full picture of how the feature works in a sense of
squid code so feel free to polish it if you have some free time.

The patch is working without any known bugs to me yet for a single squid
instance.
If you use a cluster I am still not testing HTCP and some other stuff
which can act a bit different then you would expect it to.

Anyway feel free to follow squid-dev list and contribute to the project.

links about this specific subject\feature that you should be familiar with:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent/Coordinator

If you(or anyone) have any questions feel free to contact me through
email\lists and I will respond.

Best regards,
Eliezer