Re: [squid-users] access-lists from mysql ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 23:02:38 +1300

On 24/01/2013 10:44 p.m., Ali Jawad wrote:
> Hi
> Checking the db and echoing OK or ERR based on that is easy for me to
> implement in php, for now I did add the following :
>
> external_acl_type MyAclHelper %SRC /etc/squid/myaclhelper.php
>
> myaclhelper.php only contains
> <?php
> echo "OK";
> ?>
>
> Later on I want to replace that with a mysqldb check and read stdin to
> obtain %SRC, but for now I just want this to work, when squid starts I
> get the following in the log :
>
> The MyAclHelper helpers are crashing too rapidly, need help!
>
> Any help with this simple setup please ?

You need a loop.

Please read the intro section from the link below on how helpers operate
under Squid:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers#How_do_the_helpers_communicate_with_Squid.3F

(I have just updated it to clarify the I/O criteria helpers must follow
and what the consequences are).

Amos