RE: [squid-users] Re: Windows Updates on 3.2.6

From: Dave Burkholder <dave_at_thinkwelldesigns.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:59:02 -0500

I was able to install Eliezer's 3.2.6 RPM on one of my boxes and at this point I find no improvement. I'm coming to the conclusion that the problem might lie with Microsoft and this Squid upgrade of mine might be a coincidence.

For example, as Volodymyr noted, this link is down:
http://download.windowsupdate.com/v9/1/windowsupdate/redir/muv4wuredir.cab
but this one works so I wonder if their CDNs are out of sync.

http://www.update.microsoft.com/v9/1/windowsupdate/redir/muv4wuredir.cab

Anyway, @Eliezer, I found your repo but there weren't any 3.3 RPMs there. I was wondering if you happened to have a spec file for 3.3?

@Volodymyr, >> I created lame service that successfully caches WindowsUpdate
traffic and I have no problems using latest squid.

Tell me more about your lame service creation.