Re: [squid-users] Re: Windows Updates on 3.2.6

From: Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:14:14 +0200

31.01.2013 18:59, Dave Burkholder:
> I was able to install Eliezer's 3.2.6 RPM on one of my boxes and at this point I find no improvement. I'm coming to the conclusion that the problem might lie with Microsoft and this Squid upgrade of mine might be a coincidence.
>
> For example, as Volodymyr noted, this link is down:
> http://download.windowsupdate.com/v9/1/windowsupdate/redir/muv4wuredir.cab
> but this one works so I wonder if their CDNs are out of sync.
>
> http://www.update.microsoft.com/v9/1/windowsupdate/redir/muv4wuredir.cab
>
> Anyway, @Eliezer, I found your repo but there weren't any 3.3 RPMs there. I was wondering if you happened to have a spec file for 3.3?
>
> @Volodymyr, >> I created lame service that successfully caches WindowsUpdate
> traffic and I have no problems using latest squid.
>
> Tell me more about your lame service creation.

http://code.google.com/p/samesite/

It's very rough, incorrect at some points, one-threaded, can be made
faster, hard to install but generally works for me. I'm still planning
how to rewrite it but not yet I suppose...

In case you really want to try it you'll also need
http://code.google.com/p/py-spacemap/

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.