[squid-users] Squid to Cache Peer SSL

From: Brooks Lyrette <brooks_at_lyrette.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 19:58:10 -0500

Hey All,

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get this
configured. I'm looking to get the following working:

Client <-- Over SSL --> Squid <-- Over SSL --> Accel Server

I'm using Squid Cache (Version 3.1.10)

I have the connection from the client to the server over SSL working
with the following configuration:

----
https_port 443 accel cert=site.crt key=site.key
defaultsite=dev.foo.com accel vhost
ignore_expect_100 on
cache_peer <server_ip> parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=foo
acl sites_server_3 dstdomain dev.foo.com
cache_peer_access foo allow sites_server_3
http_access allow sites_server_3
http_access deny all
----
From the documentation and examples I tried chaning this configuration
to make the Squid to Accel Server happen over SSL.
---
https_port 443 accel cert=site.crt key=site.key
defaultsite=dev.foo.com accel vhost
ignore_expect_100 on
cache_peer <server_ip> parent 443 0 no-query originserver ssl
sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER name=foo
acl sites_server_3 dstdomain dev.foo.com
cache_peer_access foo allow sites_server_3
http_access allow sites_server_3
http_access deny all
---
When using this configuration Squid hangs on the connection. It also
takes 100% CPU. It never replies to the HTTP request, nor does it add
any entries to cache.log or access.log.
Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks,
Brooks L.