Re: [squid-users] Blocking a domain without its content

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 14:08:26 +1300

On 16/02/2013 9:49 p.m., Regisk Regio wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm developing an user based time helper in ruby. Now, my company
> desire to unlock domain ( like www.theverge.com) for a period of time
> for a specific user. The management of time is good, but how c an I
> allow access to one domain (like www.theverge.com) without blocking
> its contents, becuase they are from other domains?

You can alter your helper to pay attention to the Referer: header and
permit when the Referer contains an accepted domain. But if you do that
you defeat the entire point of blocking by domain. Anyone can set the
Referer: header to what ever they like.

> Practically, the
> helper give me the access only for the text of the page, the contents
> like images or video or even stylesheet are not loaded.

They are not hosted within the _domain_ permitted. Consider unblocking
all the domains used to construct that website.

Amos