[squid-users] Store object length

From: anita <anita.sivakumar_at_wipro.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 23:00:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I am trying to write an API that will fetch objects from the squid cache
given the url and http method.
When I analyzed the code, I found that this can be achieved with a
storeGetPublic(url, http_method) to see if the url has an entry in the
cache.
This followed by storeClientCopy() call.
However, the StoreIOBuffer used here has been initialized with a lenght of
HTTP_REQBUF_SZ (4096 or 4 k) by default.

I would like to know how larger objects are stored and retrieved from cache
? How can I determine the length of the object read in that case?

Version used: Squid ver 3.1.16
squid.conf : default configuration file with cache_dir directive
uncommented.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,