Re: [squid-users] In which mode squid runs with ruckus accesspoint

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:28:43 +1300

On 11/03/2013 11:07 p.m., benjamin fernandis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Integrating squid box with rukus access point and captiive portal.
>
> we have wifi users in network and we have captive portal for them.
>
> For wifi, we are using ruckus access point and in there we configure
> that to forward web traffic

How?

> to squid box and in squid box we configure
> url_rewrite, which only allow certain URL to surf and for rest it
> rewrite the url with captive portal url.

Do not re-write, that can corrupt the client cache state which is
particularly bad for intercepted traffic.

Use 30x HTTP redirect responses instead. That can be setup with an ACL
and deny_info, or by sending 30x status code from the url_rewrite helper.

> Here what could be mode of squid ? intercept / tproxy or ?

Either. NAT and TPROXY meet different requirements - such as the traffic
type (IPv4 / IPv6), how transparent you want it (NAT = half transparent,
TPROXY = fully transparent), and what your skill level configuring
packet routing are (beginners ... NAT, experts ... TPROXY).

> As in ruckus, simply redirect to ip : port.

Redirect *how*?

Amos