Re: [squid-users] Squid with external auth problems

From: Eugene M. Zheganin <emz_at_norma.perm.ru>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 01:03:12 +0600

Hi.

On 14.03.2013 0:41, husam.shabeeb wrote:
> Dear ,
> First its Mikrotik not nikrotik , second
> You should read the idea. it's not soho
> You can check this one from here
> http://routerboard.com/CCR1036-12G-4S
> also if you use radius , or cisco access server for auth theyare solution's
> you have to read and pick the best for you that depend on how much client
> you trying to serve !!

I'm really glad for nekrotik, but, with all my respect, if, for example,
my company will make a zillion-core router and claim it carrier-grade on
it's web page, it won't magically become one. Same thing applies to this
Latvian vendor.
So far I've never heard about their equipment using on carrier-grade
level. May be I will (I hope I won't live that long or at least I will
be lucky enough not to be such an ISP customer), bit still using their
stuff isn't a common practice.
Anyway, radius and other AAA stuff has nothing to do when we talk about
browsers and AD integration. Squid supports any of the authorization
methods privided by the AD; though MS IAS is one of them (simply because
it's integrated and it shares the same user directory), using radius to
authenticate web-browsers is weird.

Eugene.