Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3.3 is available

From: Brett Lymn <brett.lymn_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:28:19 +1030

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 01:23:40PM +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> >"configure" was done this way :
> >
> >CFLAGS="-m32"
> >export CFLAGS

I guess this works around the ELFCLASS32 problem but it does have the
side effect of limiting the amount of memory squid can use, no?

> This krb5 headers is where the #pragma are usually seen.
>
> FYI: The well-known #pragma issue is in the C-only code of the headers
> which is not wrapped properly in at least a few of the Solaris krb5
> packages. It _should_ just be a matter of patching the krb5.h header
> with the patch bundled with Squid (in contrib/solaris/), or using the
> latest Solaris update patches. Although the last person to try and
> verify whether Solaris had fixed it yet (Helmet) had a few other krb5
> errors come up and complicate things. We are still looking/waiting for
> that confirmation.
> Anyone else able to assist with clarifying that situation?

A quick trawl of the oracle patches turns up kernel patch 120011-14 as
having the kerberos header files in it. My workstation has that patch
applied but I still see the pragma error so it appears Oracle have not
fixed this.

> > --disable-devpoll
>
> /dev/poll should be working again now as part of all these fixes.

Yes, I can at least confirm that is fixed.

I am trying a build with Sun Studio 12.2... seeing a few issues I will
update when done.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: