Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3.3 is available

From: Jose-Marcio Martins <Jose-Marcio.Martins_at_mines-paristech.fr>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:17:54 +0100

Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 01:23:40PM +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>>> CFLAGS="-m32"
>>> export CFLAGS
>>>

> I guess this works around the ELFCLASS32 problem but it does have the
> side effect of limiting the amount of memory squid can use, no?

This is a something left from some old days, trying to compile with
SunStudio... Yes, limits the amount of memory available to squid but at
our domain (~ 2000 users, with DNS load balancing on two squids) it's
more than enough.

>> This krb5 headers is where the #pragma are usually seen.
>>
>> FYI: The well-known #pragma issue is in the C-only code of the headers
>> which is not wrapped properly in at least a few of the Solaris krb5
>> packages. It _should_ just be a matter of patching the krb5.h header
>> with the patch bundled with Squid (in contrib/solaris/), or using the
>> latest Solaris update patches. Although the last person to try and
>> verify whether Solaris had fixed it yet (Helmet) had a few other krb5
>> errors come up and complicate things. We are still looking/waiting for
>> that confirmation.
>> Anyone else able to assist with clarifying that situation?

We run squid on a "pre Oracle" version of Solaris... so, unpatched. And
we don't need Kerberos. I'll take a look at the contrib/solaris patch.
Can try on both this old Solaris and OpenIndiana.

> A quick trawl of the oracle patches turns up kernel patch 120011-14 as
> having the kerberos header files in it. My workstation has that patch
> applied but I still see the pragma error so it appears Oracle have not
> fixed this.
>
>>> --disable-devpoll
>>
>> /dev/poll should be working again now as part of all these fixes.
>>

> Yes, I can at least confirm that is fixed.

Thanks for the info.