Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3.3 issues...

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:56:22 +1300

On 15/03/2013 2:59 a.m., John Doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I replaced my old 2.7.STABLE9 reverse proxy with a 3.3.3.
> I tried smp but found out that aufs does not support it, right?

Right.

> BUG 3279: HTTP reply without Date:

I think we have a good idea what is causing that one now, but no good
fix has yet been completed.

> I saw that you can set a cache_dir per worker; but is it some kind of
> consistent hashing with objects going always going to the same worker
> or is it random and, after a while, all cache_dirs will end-up duplicating
> the cached objects?

No. It is one cache_dir per worker, same as if you had setup two Squid
side by side *without* ICP/HTCP/Digest protocols between them.

> So, I removed workers... but squid keeps dieing after 1 or 2 mns...
> assertion failed: comm.cc:1838: "isOpen(fd) && !commHasHalfClosedMonitor(fd)"
>
> Any idea how I can find out what caused it?

A debugger backtrace listing how that line in comm.cc was reached, and a
printout of what the fd_table array says about the FD entry at the frame
above the assertion. (print fd_table[fd])
Details on how to get all that are in
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting

Amos