Re: [squid-users] Re: Re: kerberos auth failing behind a load balancer

From: Brett Lymn <brett.lymn_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:15:51 +1030

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 05:10:23PM +0100, Sean Boran wrote:

> See for example:
> "the thing to watch out for is that AD will fail to return a ticket if
> the SPN requested is found on more than one account (because it
> doesn't know which account to use). So be careful that you do not
> accidentally create multiple service accounts with the same SPN."
> http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.protocols.kerberos/2009-09/msg00029.html

You can check this using:

setspn -q YOUR-SPN-GOES-HERE

I use setspn -q HTTP/proxy.name.here

You should only get one

> and for Windows services, SPNs are linked to a user:
> "To use Kerberos authentication with a load-balanced array of Client
> Access servers ..All computers within the Client Access server array
> must share the same service account... You can create a computer
> account or a user account for the alternate service account"

Hmm I will be interested to see if this works for you - it didn't for
me. I ended up having a user account for the load-balancer and one each
for the back end servers. The keytab on each backend server contains
the keytab entry for the proxy and the idividual machine keytab.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: