[squid-users] Re: which kernel is best for squid 3.xx with centos 6.3 with youtube caching ?

From: Ahmad <ahmed.zaeem_at_netstream.ps>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:40:52 -0700 (PDT)

babajaga wrote

<

> What does this mean ?

hi babajaga , thanks for reply ,
but im sorry to ask you wt do u mean with "byte-hitrate " ???
agian ,
my question is about kernel , does new kernel may make problems with 3rd
parties like videocache ???
im using kernel 3.7.5
the original kernel of centos 6.3 is 3.2.x as i remember , i mean i had to
rebuild it with "tproxy" supporting .
i said that with the config of squid , i can save about 25 % of bw and
squidguard is excellent .
about the bad performance of videocache , i mean because most of
connections is "timewait " not "established" the performance of youtube is
bad , and it seems as im not using videocache , i monitored the cache of
videocache it just make 5 M - 10 M as maximum !!!!!

i mean that im only caching 25 % whatever in the absence of videocache or in
the presence of videocache .

regards