[squid-users] Squid forwarding PURGE requests to other services/APIs

From: Matthew O'Brien <foo_at_moschops.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:48:13 +0000

Hello,

I need to make PURGE requests to an external API. However, I am on a
network that only allows access to the internet via a Squid proxy.

My question is, how can I configure Squid to *forward on* PURGE
requests to other services/APIs, e.g.

curl -X PURGE -x my_squid:3128 http://www.some-api-to-purge.com/purge-endpoint

Is it possible? So far, I've been unsuccessful with variations on,

acl PURGE method PURGE
http_access allow PURGE ...

Also, looking at the docs, I can't work out how CONNECT or
cache_peer/cache_peer_domain would help either.

Thanks in advance