Re: [squid-users] Squid forwarding PURGE requests to other services/APIs

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:19:29 +1300

On 22/03/2013 6:48 a.m., Matthew O'Brien wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to make PURGE requests to an external API. However, I am on a
> network that only allows access to the internet via a Squid proxy.
>
> My question is, how can I configure Squid to *forward on* PURGE
> requests to other services/APIs, e.g.
>
> curl -X PURGE -x my_squid:3128 http://www.some-api-to-purge.com/purge-endpoint
>
> Is it possible? So far, I've been unsuccessful with variations on,
>
> acl PURGE method PURGE
> http_access allow PURGE ...
>
> Also, looking at the docs, I can't work out how CONNECT or
> cache_peer/cache_peer_domain would help either.
>
> Thanks in advance

No there is not. PURGE is a method created *specifically* for
controlling Squid caches. There are several known issues with using it
on modern web traffic and it has since been replaced by HTCP CLR messages.

*** API systems using HTTP should support the DELETE method from the RFC
2616 HTTP specification ***

Amos