Re: [squid-users] external helper

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:56:21 +1300

On 22/03/2013 4:20 a.m., hadi wrote:

> On 21/03/2013 11:55 a.m., hadi wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to configure squid with my own external helper. But doesn't
>> take Im getting error msg
>>
>> [root_at_host1 squid]# ./sbin/squid
>> 2013/03/21 01:41:19| Can't use proxy auth because no authentication
>> schemes are fully configured.
> ^^^ see above.
>
> %LOGIN depends on proxy-auth being setup...
>
>> My squid conf as flow
>>
>> [root_at_host1 squid]# grep ^[A-Za-z] etc/squid.conf
>>
>> external_acl_type test1 %LOGIN /root/squidauthentication/test1
>> ... and there is no auth_param configuration above the external_acl_type
> directive.
>
> But in auth_param msgbox will appear asking to supply username/password. And
> im trying to setup squid captive portal

Where do you expect the username+password used by %LOGIN to come from then?

And why do you think captive portal would prevent popups? Captive portal
in fact *requires* the user always be faced with a login before any use
is permitted. Their traffic is all restricted/blocked by a DMZ firewall
area until they authenticate by a method provided by the portal.

Amos