RE: [squid-users] external helper

From: hadi <almarzuki2011_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:46:15 +0300

On 22/03/2013 4:20 a.m., hadi wrote:

> On 21/03/2013 11:55 a.m., hadi wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to configure squid with my own external helper. But
>> doesn't take Im getting error msg
>>
>> [root_at_host1 squid]# ./sbin/squid
>> 2013/03/21 01:41:19| Can't use proxy auth because no authentication
>> schemes are fully configured.
> ^^^ see above.
>
> %LOGIN depends on proxy-auth being setup...
>
>> My squid conf as flow
>>
>> [root_at_host1 squid]# grep ^[A-Za-z] etc/squid.conf
>>
>> external_acl_type test1 %LOGIN /root/squidauthentication/test1 ...
>> and there is no auth_param configuration above the external_acl_type
> directive.
>
> But in auth_param msgbox will appear asking to supply
> username/password. And im trying to setup squid captive portal

>Where do you expect the username+password used by %LOGIN to come from then?

>And why do you think captive portal would prevent popups? Captive portal in
fact *requires* the user always be faced with a login before any use is
permitted. Their traffic is all restricted/blocked by a DMZ firewall >area
until they authenticate by a method provided by the portal.

What I want web based authentication login instead of popup box.

Please somehow guide me to the right configuration and how to use them ,
and why external_acl involved in this kind of setup. And what about splash
page are used.