Re: [squid-users] Why is this un-cacheable?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 13:52:29 +1300

On 22/03/2013 9:04 p.m., csn233 wrote:

> It shows a MISS, regardless of how I tweak the refresh_pattern,
> including the adding of all the override* and ignore* options:
>
> Last-Modified: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 07:08:53 GMT
>

> What have I missed, so to speak?

The default Squid settings will cache it for a whole 7 days unless you.
No special configuration required.
http://redbot.org/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Farmdl.adobe.com%2Fpub%2Fadobe%2Freader%2Fwin%2F9.x%2F9.5.0%2Fen_US%2FAdbeRdr950_en_US.exe

You need to supply a lot more details about the problem if you are to
get help.
  Squid version? ("squid -v" output)
  What HTTP client software are you testing it with?
  How are you testing? If you are doing anything special like
interception proxy, please also include the http(s) port settings you
are using and indicate which port you are testing with.
  Is it *always* MISS or just mostly?
  What is the full access.log lines look like for this object fetches?
(obfuscate any sensative info consistently so we can still see if one
client does a sequence of requests).
  What refresh_pattern settings do you have?
  What maximum_object_* and cache_dir, and cache_mem settings do you
have in your squid.conf?
  What "cache allow/deny" directive settings do you have? also in clude
the full definition of any relevant ACLs used on the "cache allow/deny"
directive lines.

Amos