[squid-users] squid qos_flows - copying mark from client side to upstream request?

From: Ed W <lists_at_wildgooses.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 00:13:08 +0000

Hi Andy, Sorry to bug you, but I finally got round to trying the
qos_flows feature and I think my understanding is completely back to front?

What I need is to copy the packet/connection mark from the client
request, and apply it to the upstream request. So for example I mark
clients that have passed a captive portal test with some mark, I need
that mark copying up to requests coming from squid so that I know they
effectively come from a validated client

Near as I can tell the current qos_flows applies this all backwards, ie
it assumes that the upstream has some mark on it, and copies this back
to the client response connection?

How tricky would it be to offer this option in both directions? Does
anyone else have a use for this kind of feature?

Thanks

Ed W