Re: [squid-users] RE: Upgrading SQUID from 3.1.6 to 3.1.23 -working now-

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 00:27:49 +1300

On 4/04/2013 9:56 p.m., Vernet Jerome wrote:
>>> Now, I will try 3.3. Lot of change have to be made in my squid.conf.
> Managed to have a build OK, but with my squid.conf, it do not work at
> all with
>>> dansguardian and ntlm_auth.
>> What do you mean? what is the new problem?
> Well, ntlm_auth (or) and AD2003 group access ACL do not work anymore
> like it was done in my 3.1 config. Removed.
> Then, the way the configuration was done (not by me) to make work
> Dansguardian and SQUID do not work anymore (see my previous squid.conf
> message).

You said you had them together, but I see no details in this thread
about how they were connected. Squid and DG are completely separate
proxies, so there are a few ways to set them up and several ways to do
auth through each of those setups.

Erm. "SQUID" is an electonic curcuit type. ;-)

> For the moment, I cannot figure how I can make it work again with SQUID
> 3.3.

There should be no difference. But if you can share the config details
I'm happy to have a look at it for you.

Amos