Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.2.10 not compilable under OpenBSD 5.2

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:11:42 +1200

On 29/04/2013 5:50 a.m., Loïc BLOT wrote:
> Hi,
> i cannot upgrade squid because my ./configure fails (cause : sasl)
>
> checking sasl/sasl.h usability... no
> checking sasl/sasl.h presence... no
> checking for sasl/sasl.h... no
> checking sasl.h usability... no
> checking sasl.h presence... no
> checking for sasl.h... no
> checking for sasl_errstring in -lsasl2... no
> checking for sasl_errstring in -lsasl... no
> configure: error: Neither SASL nor SASL2 found
>
> With squid 3.2.9 i haven't this problem
>
> cyrus-sasl is installed but i don't need SASL.
>
> Have you got an idea ?

We merged in the patch used by OpenBSD ports for auto-detecting SASL and
LDAP libraries presence in this release. So a bunch of helpers which use
SASL are now attempting build when they did not earlier. But that means
the configure *did* detect SASL existence at some point.

The helpers using SASL are mostly Basic auth helpers. So if you build
with --enable-auth-basic="" (exactly that, empty string parameter) it
should enable basic auth without building any of the helpers. Or you can
explicitly list just the ones you want to use.

To help me resolve the issue permanently could you please let me know
what was the exact full ./configure command you used was? and can you
also supply a list of the SASL header files you have installed with full
paths?

Amos