Re: [squid-users] Content Encoding Error

From: <CACook_at_quantum-sci.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 06:34:23 -0700

On Friday, May 10, 2013 06:17:10 AM Amos Jeffries wrote:
> If you like we'd probably get that sorted. I'm thinking its a
> permissions issue in the logs directory, overflowing logs due to log
> rotation errors (ALL,3 can output a lot of data and get into a bit of
> trouble getting past 2 or 4 GB).

OK I've always gone to /var/log/squid, which is empty, but I see there is now a squid3. Logs are there, although don't seem to be getting rotated.

> With the squid3 packages you will find it in /etc/squid3/squid.conf.
> With the file you posted at squid.conf.documented.
> if you are building your own and installign over an existing Squid, you
> will find the new default config in squid.conf.default next to your
> squid.conf and an updated documentation file at squid.conf.documented.

Actually that is the squid.conf you get in /etc/squid3 when installing squid3 in Debian. That extensively-commented .conf is what we've always gotten there in Debian.

> There isn't one published that I'm aware of. Its just that nobody has
> updated that one in most of a decade to allow the more recently created
> required headers through. Like you are probably encountering errors due
> to Transfer-Encoding and TE being missing.

So the problem is new headers. I added
request_header_access Transfer-Encoding allow all
reply_header_access Transfer-Encoding allow all
... and it fixed it, thanks.

It is worrying though that this is not being kept up, and anonymized headers is not documented. That we have more of this to look forward to. Why are ppl afraid to post what they have? It's not like we're going to hack in to their squid server via anonymous headers.