Re: [squid-users] Pre-populating web cache?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 01:30:27 +1200

On 10/05/2013 2:41 p.m., Yang Zhang wrote:
> I have a database of HTTP requests and responses which I'd like to
> "import" into Squid so it can serve from this cache. Is there any
> documentation/resources describing the data organization/layout of a
> Squid cache directory, plus any gotchas/pitfalls I may want to be
> aware of? Thanks.

It is certainly possible with any of the caches.
There are some gotchas:
  1) Squid must not be using the cache at the time new content is added,
  2) you must remove any swap.state journal (may be inside one of the
storage system entries).
  3) Squid may drop your added content if its too old by the time its
needed.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if the formats are documented clearly
anywhere. Its about time they were so I will have a look around for you
and look into writing some if necessary.

HTH
Amos