Re: [squid-users] ftp directory listing fails for win7/ie8

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 01:23:49 +1200

On 10/05/2013 4:10 p.m., Brett Lymn wrote:
> I am using squid v3.3.2 and have found that ftp directory listings don't
> seem to be working for windows 7 with IE 8 but they work fine with
> firefox. When using IE 8 and visiting the url ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/ our
> parent proxy returns a ERR_DIR_LISTING error but if we use firefox from
> the same machine the directory listing works fine.

ERR_DIR_LISTING is the directory listing page template name. I think
Squid is sending the directory listing, but for some reason IE is not
displaying it.

> Performing a sniff
> on the traffic from the parent proxy shows the directory listing being
> retrieved fine when either browser is used but for some reason it
> delivers an error to IE8.

Please check your "friendly error pages" setting in IE is disabled.
Also, check your "use HTTP/1.1 with proxies" setting in IE is enabled.

It would also be worthwhile locating the HTTP status codes Squid is
sending to the browser with the ERR_DIR_LISTING page.

Amos