Re: [squid-users] ftp directory listing fails for win7/ie8

From: Brett Lymn <brett.lymn_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:32:32 +0930

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 01:23:49AM +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 10/05/2013 4:10 p.m., Brett Lymn wrote:
> >I am using squid v3.3.2 and have found that ftp directory listings don't
> >seem to be working for windows 7 with IE 8 but they work fine with
> >firefox. When using IE 8 and visiting the url ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/ our
> >parent proxy returns a ERR_DIR_LISTING error but if we use firefox from
> >the same machine the directory listing works fine.
>
> ERR_DIR_LISTING is the directory listing page template name. I think
> Squid is sending the directory listing, but for some reason IE is not
> displaying it.

OK, this turned out to be a botch in my packaging, I had missed out the
templates directory in share/errors. When firefox was fetching the dir
listing it said it would accept more languages so I think squid found
the template but IE only specified .en.

> Please check your "friendly error pages" setting in IE is disabled.

This didn't appear to matter - I tried both, after fixing the templates
I received the directory listing.

> Also, check your "use HTTP/1.1 with proxies" setting in IE is enabled.

That is forced on here.

> It would also be worthwhile locating the HTTP status codes Squid is
> sending to the browser with the ERR_DIR_LISTING page.

It has "missing template" which was the clue.

Thanks for the clues - all working now.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: