Re: [squid-users] Re: what is best method to connect two squid servers on the same router?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:38:22 +1200

On 13/05/2013 5:31 a.m., Ahmad wrote:
> hi nichole ,
> thanks alot for interest ,
>

> i think that my problem is complex .
> it is a mix of cisco config and squid config .
>
> ============================
>
> about my issue , i think that my topology describe the isseu clearly .
>
> i tried each squid to has its uniqe serve number difffer than others .
>
> but my router cpu got high !!!

Numbers would be more helpful.

WCCP is expected to *double* the TCP packets used by HTTP traffic
flowing through the router when compared to not using the proxy. They go
through the router from client to Squid, then again from Squid to
Internet. If your router was >50% loaded to start with this might result
in what you describe. It might help us understand if you could post
numbers of what your router CPU loading (and traffic counters maybe) is
with a) no proxy, b) one proxy, c) your attempt at two proxies.

Amos