Re: [squid-users] what is best method to connect two squid servers on the same router?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:34:33 +1200

On 13/05/2013 2:26 a.m., Fix Nichols wrote:
> Heh if you are running Debian and lazy, you could
>
> 'apt-get install squid -y ; apt-get install squid3 -y'
>
> Youd have squid 2.7 and squid3 both installed.

And wont work for much longer. We are in the process of replacing
"squid" with a transitional package to squid3.

> But I know, thats just being lazy, you can install two squids just
> change the name and location of your binaries on one of them, and its
> cache directories, as well. Assuming squid is resident on a pc and not a
> router that is. It should be pretty straight forward.

Or do it properly and install Squid once. Just start it twice with two
squid.conf files containing different settings. Ta-Dah!

If, I'm understanding the original poster right though it sounds like
traffic is leaving the Squid and being diverted back into them in a
forwarding loop. Or that the traffic flows are getting mixed up somehow
in other ways.

Amos