[squid-users] Re: what is best method to connect two squid servers on the same router?

From: Ahmad <ahmed.zaeem_at_netstream.ps>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 02:17:34 -0700 (PDT)

hi Amos ,
thanks fro reply ,
sorry for late ,
i dont think that its hardware issue .
i mean that i dont think that my hardware router cant bear two squid . it
can do it and perfectly .

i returned to its refernece manual and find it has a specific enhancement
featured implemented fro wccp and it can load balance alot of clusters .
agian ,

my platform is multilayer switch cisco 7604 .
about ur queston in cpu dissipation :
1- when none of squid working on router ===> cpu of router is 4 %
2- when 1 squid working on router ====>cpu of router is 35 %
3- when 1 squid is running , and add the 2nd server while the 1st squid is
running , i note that squid 1 fail and the 2nd squid dont work and the
cpu of router reach 90 , 95 % , 97 %

actually i dont know , if i need to change the return , forwarding , or
assignment methods to fix my problem !!!

which is better method between squid and router ? should i let the
interface between switch and router as Layer 2 port , and put the wccp
setting on the vlan interface of port ??

or let it as router "Layer 3 " port and apply wccp settings on the giga
interface ??

any documents from squid about my issue ??

wish to help

regards