Re: [squid-users] Kerberos and NTLM authentication

From: Delton <delton_at_bnpapel.com.br>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 17:36:37 -0300

Guys,

I ran some more tests.
Only authentication with 'Basic' - worked on devices inside and outside
the domain, but asks for password;
With only authentication 'Kerberos' - worked in the domain and does not
prompt for password;
Authentication 'Kerberos' and 'Basic':
1 - worked in the domain but asked the password out of the domain;
2 - out of the domain in 'Internet Explorer' without integrated
authentication in the format DOMAIN\user worked;
3 - adding the 'auth_param negotiate keep_alive off' option, worked in
Firefox and worked in 'Internet Explorer' with the integrated
authentication option checked.

In short, adding the option 'auth_param negotiate keep_alive off'
worked. In Firefox you can simply enter the username and password and
the 'Internet Explorer' is necessary to inform DOMAIN\user.