Re: [squid-users] Little free consult about cache for the eyes of the users.

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 22:57:38 +0300

After analyzing the server it seems like there are some cache developer
issues which are not known to me.
the main problem with the page is:
The Last-Modified header's value isn't a valid date.
since the headers are:
Expires: Sun, 19 Nov 1978 05:00:00 GMT
Last-Modified: Sun, 19 May 2013 19:47:08 +0000

which a bit unreasonable.
The reasons are: old expiration date and changing last modified headers.
The main problem of the slow site is not the cache or html or DB issues.
the main problem IS CPU over usage since there is an internal CAPTCHA
thingy that works but not like a charm.
ideas on how to solve it??

My answer is to replace this internal CAPTCH plugins inside of drupal to
something with google CAPTCHA which will take a lot of load from this
small server to another server.
Notice that the main issue is picture calculation which is not really
required in this specific server.

The above is one issue.
Another issue is that I want in this specific case to force cache for
the static print pages.

I will be happy to hear the best way to force it.

Thanks,
Eliezer