Re: [squid-users] squidguard not redirecting

From: Helmut Hullen <Hullen_at_t-online.de>
Date: 20 May 2013 13:34:00 +0200

Hallo, Amos,

Du meintest am 18.05.13:

>> I have enabled squidGuard within a huge network.

[...]

> What are you using squidGuard for anyway?

There are 2 different options/decisions:

a) using "redirect"/"rewrite" (as "squidGuard" and "ufdbguard" do) or
using the "squid" options "acl" and "http_access" (as "squidblacklist"
does)

b) using a long time maintained blacklist (p.e. shallalist or
squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us/blacklists.tgz) or a newer one (as
"squidblacklist" does) and/or using self made lists and/or using lists
from some other places

Using blacklists is (especially in schools) a job with many legal
implications; people who use them should at least have a "good feeling".
And using something like "squidguard" gives such a "good feeling" - even
when such a program may be technically ugly. But the teacher who uses it
as a helper has to explain this helper to many parents, and sometimes
he/she has to epxlain it to a court of justice (but he never has to
explain it to programmers etc).

Yes - I know how to circumvent (? - please excuse my gerlish) such
filters like squidguard.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut