Re: [squid-users] Compiling squid-3.3.5 with SSL on RedHat EL 6

From: Chris Ross <cross_at_markmonitor.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:10:17 -0400

On May 21, 2013, at 10:28 , Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> The above is known issue with RHEL 6.3 and CentOS 6.3.
> This issue requires you to either install some custom openssl libs and headers or upgrade to 6.4(which is much more reasonable to me) and use the fixed openssl in 6.4.

  Our systems team tells me that my build host already has the latest openssl and openssl-devel packages. I see it has:

openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64
openssl-devel-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64

  They say that the packages on the system have been updated to ones from 6.4. I'm not 100% sure, and they acknowledge that the system still _identifies_ itself as 6.3, but that it's basically a 6.4 system.

  Do you have any information about what red hat errata or bug number is associated with the change they made to the shipped openssl-devel in 6.4? Or, the version numbers of the package(s) that are known to work?

  Thanks much…

                           - Chris