Re: [squid-users] Compiling squid-3.3.5 with SSL on RedHat EL 6

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 19:42:27 +0300

On 5/21/2013 6:10 PM, Chris Ross wrote:

> On May 21, 2013, at 10:28 , Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
>> The above is known issue with RHEL 6.3 and CentOS 6.3.
>> This issue requires you to either install some custom openssl libs and headers or upgrade to 6.4(which is much more reasonable to me) and use the fixed openssl in 6.4.
>
> Our systems team tells me that my build host already has the latest openssl and openssl-devel packages. I see it has:
>
> openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64
> openssl-devel-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64
>
> They say that the packages on the system have been updated to ones from 6.4. I'm not 100% sure, and they acknowledge that the system still _identifies_ itself as 6.3, but that it's basically a 6.4 system.
>
> Do you have any information about what red hat errata or bug number is associated with the change they made to the shipped openssl-devel in 6.4? Or, the version numbers of the package(s) that are known to work?
>
> Thanks much…
>
> - Chris

Then there is another issue.
we can compare what packages we have installed and find out what are are
missing.
in squid wiki it states:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS

in the spec file I have there is a list of required libs and packages
and these are:
yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
yum install openldap-devel pam-devel openssl-devel krb5-devel db4-devel
expat-devel libxml2-devel libcap-devel libtool libtool-ltdl-devel

try to install all of them and see if there is something missing.
it should be one of the above.
I am using the same ssl packages you are using with squid from trunk and
stable 3.3.5 so it should work on yours.

Eliezer