Re: [squid-users] 3.HEAD and TCP_MEM_HIT_ABORTED/200, TCP_MISS_ABORTED/200

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:18:06 -0600

On 05/21/2013 06:56 AM, csn233 wrote:
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs#Squid_result_codes
>>
>> *_ABORTED means the client TCP connection got closed on Squid, probably by
>> the client browser.
>>
>> Amos
>
> Thanks. So these are concatenated which explains why searching for the
> full word doesn't return anything.
>
> From a browser point of view however, it works - ie no errors visible
> on the browser, the streaming video runs to completion. It's just that
> every now and then the _ABORTED code pops up in the access.log while
> the video is running.

The browser is the one closing the connection to Squid in this case (for
some internal browser reasons), so it is possible that the browser is
happy with a partial response delivered by Squid so far (or no response
at all). The _ABORTED code tells you that Squid did not deliver the
entire response because the client closed the connection before the
entire response could be delivered. Whether that indicates a problem or
not is unknown to Squid.

For example, a client that sends two similar HTTP requests over IPv6 and
IPv4, but keeps only the one that got a faster response would result in
_ABORTED access.log entries. I am not saying that is what happens in
your case. Just giving an example.

HTH,

Alex.