[squid-users] Re: Heap Policy

From: RW <rwmaillists_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 13:10:48 +0100

On Mon, 13 May 2013 12:47:31 +0500
Farooq Bhatti wrote:

> Hi Amos,
>
> I got it; the problem is bug in squid. As it is required to define
> the policy before cache_dir in squid.conf.

IMO it's a feature rather than a bug.

If you take a look at the output of squidclient mgr:storedir you
posted, you'll see that the policy is a property of the "store
directory" not a global setting. Each cache_dir line uses the most
recently defined policy, or the default of lru.

I think it might be a good idea to warn about cache_replacement_policy
lines that don't affect a cache. Ideally the policy would have been a
cache_dir parameter.