Re: [squid-users] -1 don't works in delay pools class 4

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 20:53:23 +1200

On 24/05/2013 2:35 a.m., Rafael Gomes wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am using squid 3.1.10.
>
> I have this in my squid.conf:
>
> acl Senior proxy_auth rafael.gomes
>
> delay_pools 1
> delay_class 1 4
> delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 -1/-1 -1/-1 -1/-1
> delay_access 1 allow Senior
>
> But when I tried to use that proxy using rafael.gomes user, my
> navigation is very slow. What mistake I did here?

You used a delay pool when you should not have.

-1 across the board is effectively "don't delay". The default behaviour
for any request is to uhm, not delay. So by configuring such a pool all
you are doing is adding a fairly large amount of overheads to Squid
processing of *every TCP packet* - in order to do nothing. The latency
added by delay pools is ony worthwhile when there is actually a traffic
speed limit being applied that can absorb the delay pool overhead lag.

Instead of the above, you need to *omit* (deny) traffic matching the
Senior ACL from using any other delay pools you have created.

Amos