Re: [squid-users] StoreID and concurrency?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 18:57:18 +0300

On 6/5/2013 3:06 PM, csn233 wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 3:04 AM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il> wrote:
>>
>> try this setup and notify me the results.
>>
>> Eliezer
>
> Thanks for your reply. Well, looks like it wasn't the setup, but the
> fact that l have introduced the problem by changing the helper and not
> deleting cache_dir after the change(s).
>
> When I delete cache_dir consistently after any change, I can no longer
> reproduce the problem. The other thing was reducing the browsers' own
> cache to zero or the minimum allowed, so it doesn't complicate things.
>
> In the wiki, you mentioned "75% works and counting.". Can you clarify
> what the other 25% would be?

Yes indeed.
I noticed that ICAP interface is faster in many aspects then regular helper.
Also it's independent and not related to squid.
I was just gazing at the related code and was hoping to research the
points where I will add StoreID variable support in it.

StoreID is not related directly to cache_dir so it's not suppose to
affect dirty cache_dir.
if it works for you good for me and oyu.
why do you want to reduce browser cache??
it's not bad to have cache in the browser if you have enough ram.

Eliezer