Re: [squid-users] ICAP protocol error

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 08:55:50 -0600

On 06/12/2013 07:57 AM, guest01 wrote:

> Since a couple of weeks, we almost daily get an ICAP server error
> Could an upgrade (either to 3.2 or to 3.3) solve this problem (There
> are more icap options in recent squid versions available)?

Unknown until the problem is identified. The Kaspersky Squid error
message you linked to is too generic to identify the real problem.

> 2013/06/12 15:32:15| suspending ICAP service for too many failures

You need to figure out what those failures are. Unfortunately, that
requires enabling higher-than-1 debugging levels (3 or 5 might suffice)
for section 93 (at least) and analyzing logs just prior to the failure.

Alex.