Re: [squid-users] Squid Optimization

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 08:59:19 -0600

On 06/11/2013 08:19 PM, Matthew Ceroni wrote:

> But is there a config setting (prior to the workers option) that
> controlled how many concurrent connections squid could handle? Using
> the Apache example again where you configure Childs,
> MaxThreadsPerChild, etc. Is there anything like that in squid?

In addition to other good "no, there is not such a limit" responses on
this thread, I recommend carefully reading Section "Current Status and
Architecture" at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SmpScale to
understand the key differences between Apache "I will schedule my
requests" and Squid "OS will schedule my connections" architecture.

Alex.