[squid-users] Question for Squid hardware requirement for 600k user - transparent proxy only, no caching

From: Nguyen Duc Thien <thiennd_at_dts.com.vn>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:21:37 +0700

Hi folks,

I'm requested to build a HTTP proxy server for a pool of 600k subscriber. I
intend to use Squid without caching.
In the existing system, the average thru-put is something around 450 Mpbs.
I have no tool to find out what is the number of concurrent access from the
subscribers.
For this case, what could be the hardware requirement to serve the whole
pool of 600k subscribers?
Please help. I would prefer IBM platform.

Thanks,
Thien